Our family run, purpose built centre in the middle of St Heliers and Glen Innes in Auckland is looking for its next passionate and heart-centred teacher.
At Bumblebees Glen Innes we focus on the importance of our relationships with our children and their whānau. We have successfully created an ambiance of love, care and respect through getting to know our children and their families very well.
With trust, respect and love as our foundation, we can journey forth towards a lifelong love of learning. This learning will be based around the premise that there are no wrong answers and no mistakes, only discoveries to make and life lessons to be learned.
About the role
You will be working alongside a strong team of teachers who have an abundance of knowledge, experience as well as an infinite amount of love for those they teach – our most vulnerable tamariki, our 0 – 2 year olds. With great resources and play spaces you will have endless opportunities to offer children the best learning experiences and get as creative as you like. We ensure we have good teacher ratios, regular non-contact time and monthly mentor meetings to provide extra support there is nothing you will not be able to achieve at Bumblebees!
What you will need
- Bachelor of Teaching (ECE) or Graduate Diploma in ECE (Level 7)
- Provisional or Full Teachers Registration
- Be familiar with programme planning and learning stories
- Excellent communication skills; writing, speaking and listening
- Self-management skills; planning, organising, time management
- A love for people, big and small, and calm, loving, respectful
- Team player who is flexible, reliable and collaborative
- Sound knowledge of child development, especially 0 – 2 year olds
- Passionate about creating inspiring and beautiful environments; igniting wonder, curiosity and stimulating learning experiences
We provide an abundance of support to our teachers to ensure they are the best that they can be;
- An external mentor offering extra support and guidance, as well as support for registration
- Board members who are heavily involved in the running of the centre and are easily approachable
- An onsite Centre Manager who is also a Qualified and Registered ECE teacher
- Plenty of Professional Development opportunities (both external and in house)
- A well rounded supportive teaching staff who are friendly and have each other’s best interests at heart.
This is a full-time position and on a rotating roster (monthly) between 7am-6pm. You will also be expected to attend staff meetings, open days and parent evenings etc. (sufficient notice will be given).
If this sounds like you please send your CV and cover letter to the Centre manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.